What is a Transactional SMS?
Benefits of Transactional SMS
- People read it fast. According to VentureBeat, more than 90 percent of people read a text message within the first three minutes. Besides, their open rate reaches 98%, according to Gartner, which is dramatically more than email marketing.
- It is a convenient medium. On average, people spend about 3.5 hours a day on their smartphones, as ResqueTime claims. The chances are that you will reach your audience.
- It helps people. Transactional SMS assists people in various communication touchpoints with your brand. Using SMS, you will build a solid brand image.
Types of Transactional SMS
As a brand, you can utilize transactional SMS for various non-marketing purposes like the following:
- Allow checking debit and credit information on bank accounts;
- Help to get access to an account with one-time passwords;
- Reset passwords;
- Confirm orders to ensure everything is OK;
- Keep clients informed with shipping and delivery updates;
- Confirm or cancel ticket booking.
- Schedule appointments to speed up communication with multiple customers without personal contact.